Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Clayton Kershaw MLB Debut Autograph Insert (11/50)


The minute I saw this card I knew I had to have it and when I say this one I mean the blue parallel and not the punk ass Orange version. A Kershaw card surrounded by Orange? No thank you. But covered in blue? All day everyday.

A lot of factors drew me to wanting this card. Obviously first and foremost is that it is another Kershaw autograph for my collection. I love the fact that it shows his MLB debut date on the card as I was at that game and even though it doesn't really add any value to the card I think it is cool nonetheless. The autograph is crisp and smearless which makes it a lock for a 10 from Beckett and with everything else checking in quite well I think it has a great chance to be yet another BGS 9.5 for my collection.

I acquired this without a book value to guide me through the bidding war but since there was no out of pocket money spent I was OK with the amount I paid. Might have been more than what it's "worth" but in the end I couldn't resist this great looking card.


Eleven
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment