Thursday, September 22, 2016

Raw Card Review Recap Number Six From Submission Batch On Saturday September 10th, 2013 (2012 Bowman Chrome/2016 Topps Chrome Corey Seager 8x10 Autograph Purple Parallel)


Now for a raw card review in the hopes that this will be in the big batch that is heading to Dallas but due to it's size I wanted to make sure it earns a 9.5 first. Why does size matter? That's a loaded question isn't it? Beckett charges an extra $8 $12 for anything that is bigger than a traditional sized baseball card and this Purple Seager far exceeds those. Also there is a slight "whitening" on the top left hand corner. While I don't think that will affect the overall grade as I expect this to earn a 9.5 I want to make sure because I would be very irritated if I spent extra money and this came back as a 9. Better safe than sorry.

What...A...Glare.

I guess I forgot what they taught me in Photography 101 but I was in a rush as I needed to get this bad boy into my BGS batch headed to Dallas for slabbing treatment. This "card" is a first for me in many ways but what I found the most interesting is note the label on it stated what grade it received from the raw grading review. While it did earn a 9.5 notice that it is written on a sticky note! What? They stated they had not stickers that fit items this big. What was even funnier is that the grade it earned, 9.5, was only valid at that very moment (hence the rushed picture) as if I left the store how would Beckett know I didn't grade it and say it was gem mint. I had to package it up promptly to ensure this got fully slabbed.

If this would have received a 9 or 10 I would have sold it off but of course it comes back as a 9.5 so I will be keeping it. I assume that the slight issue on the top corner was not bad enough to earn less than a 9 but it did hinder it from earning a pristine grade. This will look great in a gold banner.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment