Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Corey Seager Base Blue Wave Refractor Parallel (50/75)


I wasn't planning to but now it seems I might be going after the rainbow for this year's Topps Chrome cards of Corey Seager. I just finished (minus the super of course) the 2013 Bowman Chrome of Corey and just doing upgrades but now it looks like I'll be doing it for his true "rookie" card.

I am not the biggest fan of this design as I do not like the clouded look but the more and more I watch Corey play it has made it harder for me to resist doing this project but if I was going to do it I wanted to get a "hard" color first at a discount before moving forward. While the Orange and Red (#/25 and #/5) probably will never happen this Blue Wave only has a 75 print run so it is one of the more "easier" ones to acquire.

I ended up landing this on a BIN auction after days of watching the seller drop the price due to no one biting on his high asking price. As with the 2013 Bowman Chrome rainbow if I do it for this year's Topps Chrome release I must have them in BGS gem mint form and this Blue Wave looks like a lock to obtain that grade as only 1 corner has a slight issue which can only be seen under a loop. By the time this post goes live the card will be in Dallas getting graded and hopefully earning that loved gold banner.


Fifty
of
Seventy-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment