Thursday, September 1, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Heritage : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel (50/100)


Time and patience with a new seller to eBay finally lands me a card that just does not show up very often for purchase.

I snagged the Kershaw version of this 2016 Heritage mini awhile back and even turned it into a BGS gem mint beauty but my quest for a Mike Trout copy has been a long one as when these ever do show up on eBay the selling/asking price has been in the triple digits. I wanted the card but not in that price range so it remained on  my want list for many months.

One day this one popped up on the auction site and the asking price was also in the triple digits (120+ I believe but don't quote me) but it was being sold by someone new to eBay. His feedback was 1. He did include a best offer option which I did send one in at a ridiculous low amount. He countered but I wasn't interested in his offer. The card went unsold and he relisted it with a slightly lower asking price but again it went unsold. He then put up again for an asking price of $100, then $90, then $80 and yet no one bit. I attest that too his newness on eBay and finally I swooped back in and sent him my last and final offer. Beckett has this listed at a high of $150 and a low of $75 and yet I acquired it for lower than low book. A huge win for me.

With the Kershaw card in gem mint form I wanted to add a Trout version to pare them up but with this being a new seller I held my breath on the card's condition. When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised that it was in much better shape than I hoped for and I believe it will earn a gold banner from BGS.


Fifty
of
One Hundred

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment