Monday, September 26, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Allen Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel EXT Variant


Another Trout card that I had to wait awhile for to get my hands on. There have been a few of these EXT (extended) copies that have come and gone on eBay as I was in on them but lost out eventually but this particular copy stayed on the bay for well over a month. Why? Plain and simple, price.

I don't know what the high price was on this card but when I first came upon it the asking BIN was over $200. Even with the knowledge that there are roughly less than 50 copies of this card there was no way I was going to "pay" that much for it. For a month I tried to win other copies but lost out on each one all the while this copy stayed on my watch list. Every week or so the seller would drop his price. First to under $200, then near $150 and lastly it hovered near $100. The price was getting better but not enough for me to pull the trigger.

I lost out on yet another copy and knew sooner or later these EXT would dry up on the after market so I glanced back at this one and saw that the seller dropped his price to what the past few had sold for. On top of that eBay was running an eBucks special that day so bam, I finally had my EXT and earned extra eBucks for an October acquisition.

If this card does not earn a 9.5 from Beckett then I will be sorely pissed as this is a beauty in hand.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment