Sunday, September 18, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Color Swap Variant


A forgotten chase has finally been finished as I acquired the Trout version from the 2015 Heritage set awhile ago and picked up the 2016 Kershaw as well but I forgot to nab the 2015 Heritage of Kid K. Problem fixed.

With the 2015 Trout card already in a beautiful BGS gem mint case I wanted to couple it with a gem of Kershaw but I could not find one anywhere that was already in graded form so the hunt for a raw version that would "probably" grade out to a 9.5 was on. Not too many of these copies were to found on eBay but this was one of the few that looked to be in great shape so I sent over an offer to the seller who promptly countered. We went back and forth for a few days until I stated that a previous sold for a certain amount and that I wouldn't pay more than that. They finally took my offer and I had the card in hand shortly.

It's journey now will go to Dallas to hopefully be fitted into a gold banner case. I think it will but you just never know with paper cards.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment