Thursday, September 15, 2016

Raw Card Review Recap Number Three From Submission Batch On Saturday September 10th, 2013 (2016 Topps Heritage Punch Out Toploader Autograph)


Unlike the other Kershaw autographs in this batch I will flip this back on eBay if it does not at least garner a 9 from BGS in the raw card review process. Though this is a "plain" looking card of Kid K I do love it for its simplicity and would love to keep it in my collection but there is a small fraying situation going on the back of the card to one of the corners. I "fixed" it to the best of my ability and think at worse it comes back as an 8.5 in that sub grade. If it does that then the overall grade should be a 9 but I will keep my fingers crossed.

I guess I might have a future in "fixing" cards in the hopes of earning better grades when it comes to submitting them to BGS.

I loved this card the 1st time I saw it and am surprised I was able to land a copy with its scant print run of just 10. There was a corner on the back that was frayed so bad that you can see the card splitting but after some care and an overnight stay in between 2 heavy books it looks like it paid off as the card earned an overall 9 from Beckett. Woo Hoo.

Thank you reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment