Saturday, October 31, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Hyun-Jin Ryu Base Framed Parallel (3/20)


Sometimes it is patience that nets you that one card you have been searching high and low for and sometimes it's an injury to said player but sometimes it's a little bit of both and that is what happened when I finally landed this long sought out card.

I was finally down to 3 (Adrian Gonzalez and Andre Ethier are the others) framed parallels to complete my want list from this year's Topps releases and with all my series 2 wants completed I only had 3 leftovers from series 1 that I needed/wanted. With 20 copies they only come up so often on the bay and if you are not a top tier player it is even more rare between appearances. I had seen 2 Ryu's earlier in the year and one went for $20 and the other for a little over $30. Since then I hadn't seen another copy. Sadly his year was over before it even started as he got injured so I am sure those people that paid the higher prices were not too happy with what they paid for it.

Finally another popped up on eBay with a starting price of 99 cents and considering the demand for Ryu is probably at his lowest I thought I had a great chance to finally land this bad boy and at a discount at that. My ceiling was $15 which I still think is/was an overpay at this moment in time but I really wanted to finish this project so I was willing to spend a tad more. With that mentally it was a pleasant surprise when I won it for a few pennies over $10.

With only 2 left I might actually finish this project. Considering there were only 20 copies of each and 4 separate Kershaw's and 2 Trout's to hunt down this would be no small feat.


Three
of
Twenty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment