Saturday, November 19, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Inception : Julio Urias Inceptioned Autograph (22/35) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Look who's back in the collection? Yup young pup Julio was once one of the players I chased after and even started a Bowman Chrome rainbow project ala Corey Seager but late last year and earlier this year I decided to move away from Urias cards. Well that lasted all of one baseball season.

After watching Julio grow up on the mound this year and with me finishing a few other projects I decided to start up on collecting Julio again but with a slight alteration on what I would be chasing. Gone are the colored parallels and everything numbered. So unlike the other 4 core players I collect (Kershaw, Seager, Trout and Koufax) I will ONLY be collecting autographs of Julio Urias and nothing else. While that might "cost" a little more per card acquisition it will cut down on the multitude of pieces I will be searching for. Of course when I made this decision I looked up autographs of Urias on eBay and this one had 28 minutes left on its auction.


I owned this card once before (redeemed from Topps) and once it came back from a BGS RCR event as a 9 I promptly sold it and made some decent change. Now that I was back in the Urias game I looked for this and some Bowman Chrome autos but knowing this has a low print one made this more of a priority. Lucky me that on my first eBay search in almost a year for Urias cards yielded this beauty and I made it a mental mandate that I was going to win this and win it I did.

For my first card in my reentry into Urias cards I am more than happy with this being in my hands once again. To top it off I did a population report on this after I won it and found out this is the only one in existence to earn the coveted gold banner. Yup, a great way to start up my Julio collection once more.


Twenty-Two
of
Thirty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment