Wednesday, November 16, 2016

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number TWENTY-TWO - 2015 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Base Action Pose Variation Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Action Pose Variation

As I go through my batch of cards to do these write ups I wonder why I put this card in the group as I think it is almost certain to earn a 9 instead of a 9.5.

There are 2 corners that have slight issues which might be overlooked and still earn an overall 9.5 but the centering on the front is not 50/50 and if Beckett decides its 56/44 or more than there is no way this card earns a 9.5. I get caught up sometimes in getting a batch going. Oh well.



Well it looks like the graders indeed did overlook the 2 corners with what I thought were very small issues. Of course I could have over estimated the "damage" but whoever did the grading I am happy with their thinking as the card ended up being a quad 9.5 gem. 


I have learned that I seem to be a harder grader than some of the professional graders as I have a lot of good "surprises" when I get my results. Remember kids, it's always better to have low expectations and great results than high expectations and massive disappointments. Ha Ha.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment