Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Five Star : Vin Scully Base Autograph Gold Parallel (#/50)


Let's see how many of you will call me crazy for doing this even though I have proven I will take risks to "better" my collection as I see fit. I know most of you probably wouldn't do this but it had to be done in my eyes and in the end I will be happier.

As most of you know I sold off my whole collection of signed balls when I decided to get back into card collecting. The toning of more than a handful of balls irritated me and using the funds from the sales made it easy to move back into the card hobby. Every single ball was sold/traded except for one, Mr. Vin Scully. I scored that ball years ago and was the only one to survive the ball purge but that changed back in Sept. I dragged it out of storage to take a picture to share it on Instagram and though still beautiful I saw the start of a toning spot and noticed that the auto was starting to bleed. UGH. Well I know that Vin had signed a Topps contract and was going to have on card signatures in 2016 products and even though I wasn't interested in Topps Mint when I heard he was going to be in the Five Star brand that made my mind up for me. Yup, I would sell the last signed ball I owned and would acquire an on card autograph in its place.

As expected the ball sold with ease and all I had to do is lock down one of these redemption cards for the Five Star card which was pretty easy as this was on a BIN auction and once I lost out on 2 other auctions I came back to this one and claimed it. Now I wait for Vin to have time to sign the cards. I am sure it will be one of my favorite pieces in my collection when it does arrive.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see that one. Congrats on the addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I wasnt planning on posting it today (schedule for about a month from now) but I saw that it was shipped so it should be here soon. Thank you again

      Delete