Tuesday, November 29, 2016

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number THIRTY - 2013 Bowman Chrome Corey Seager Base Purple Refractor Parallel (86/199) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2013 Bowman Chrome Corey Seager Purple Refractor Parallel (86/199)

Trying my luck once again with a purple parallel. This is the only numbered color from the 2013 BC set that I do not have in a gem mint grade. Will this be the one to finally earn that gold banner? We shall see as my other copy had terrible centering and earned an 8.5 for that sub grade. This one while not perfect is a lot better so I would say its safe to assume that centering earns at least a 9. With that and nothing else I can see wrong I am crossing my fingers for that gold banner. 


Litterly the last card to be added to the batch as I picked it up from the Post Office just 30 minutes prior to the grading event. Even though this is not an autograph or overly limited it is/was one of the most important cards in the group. Why you ask? This is the only colored and numbered parallel in my 2013 Bowman Chrome (main set) that I did not have a gem mint copy of. I have had multiple purples but each one came back as a mint 9 with each one having centering being the issue and holding it back from a 9.5. Well when I saw this on the computer screen I knew that it wasn't perfect centering but it was the best I had seen so I took a chance. 10, 9.5, 9.5 annnndddd 9. Hot damn. Finally got my purple gem for my collection and all it took was almost 2 years.


That 9 was for centering as expected and a thank you goes out to the seller again as he was honest with me with everything else and now I am down to just 2 (X-Fractor and Green) to get upgraded and I will have a full 9.5 rainbow.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment