Wednesday, November 2, 2016

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number THIRTEEN - 2016 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Punch Out Top Loader Autograph (10/10) Now BGS Graded Mint 9.0


2016 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Punch Out Toploader Autograph (10/10)

Even though it is not a 9.5 and "just" a plain ole mint 9 I am more than happy that I know the grade going in as I crossed my fingers on the raw grade review as I had to use some elbow grease to get a corner flattened enough for it to pass. I believe when I get this card back with the full sub grades revealed that corners will come in at a 8.5 while the rest will be high if not all 9.5's. 


Well this is an interesting return. I suspected that this would come back as a 9 from the RCR which I was correct but what I wasn't right about is the reason it earned that grade. I worked a corner for a few days to get it flattened and I guess I did such a good job BGS gave it a 9.5! What? I knew centering wouldn't be an issue as that came back as a 9.5 as well but it was surfaces and edges that earned a 9 to make this an overall 9 card.


All said that means this card is only .5 from a gem mint 9.5. I might send it back in for a RCR and hope I can get surfaces to bump as I think me working on the damaged corner is probably what caused the edges to come in as a 9. Nonetheless this is a pleasant surprise and welcome addition.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment