Friday, November 18, 2016

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number TWENTY-FOUR - 2015 Topps Tribute Sandy Koufax Base Black Parallel (33/50) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Topps Tribute Sandy Koufax Black Parallel (33/50)

With a batch close to 60 cards this is the only one that is of the Dodger legend, Mr. Sandy Koufax. That is to be expected as he does not have that many numbered parallels to pick from in the modern area but this black one fits the bill but I say it has a 50/50 shot at a gem mint return. There are 2 corners with some fuzziness around it. Hoping that they can hold to a 9 and the rest of the subs gem as I am sorely lacking in Koufax gems or at least in my point of view when compared to Trout and Kershaw gems.


I'm batting 1000 when it comes to numbered Koufaxs for this batch and that number will not be getting any lower as this is the one and only limited Sandy in the batch.


While I had the 1957 card in this group as well this was the only one with a stated print run and with me snagging this $40 high book black parallel for less than $8 I really wanted to turn it into a great return. To do that I would need this to gem and with me seeing a couple corners with fuzziness I hoped they could hold to a 9 as I believed everything else looked at least 9.5 worthy. When results were released it all went according to plan. Corners received the 9 I expected and everything else gemmed. Slowly but surely getting my graded Koufax collection up to snuff.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment