Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Sterling : Julio Urias Base Autograph BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2 for 1

That was my cost to acquire this Julio autograph card in gem mint form.

For long time readers of this blog you might recognize that I already have this exact same card BUT it earned a 9 on autograph. Irritating to say the least. Well I sold that card and ended up with another one of Julio from the Bowman Inception brand and that ended up being graded a gem mint. Not too shabby.

I still had 2 of these cards in raw (ungraded) form with one I was debating on getting graded and trying my luck again to get a gem mint grade. Well I decided to see what was on eBay and found this card on a BIN auction with a negotiated price to my liking. Well, I had one day to sell my two ungraded cards for roughly the same amount as the negotiated price for the graded one so it would be an even swap.

Thankfully 24 hours later I was able to do just that as the two cards sold and I sent the monies earned from that auction to the seller of this one so I could finally have my own Bowman Sterling Urias autograph card in gem mint condition.

I know some people would never do this transaction as they would prefer to have two autograph cards than one even though that one happens to be gem mint but I am in love with these graded cards and in the long run I rather have that one than one that may or may not grade out to the same grade and the other I knew would not.


No comments:

Post a Comment