Sunday, August 2, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Fourteen - 2006 Allen and Ginter : John Wooden Mini Frame Autograph (#/200) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2006 Allen and Ginter Wooden

It's a very tense time when I submit an autograph of a person that will probably be my only one for my collection so its basically my only shot at a gem mint grade and once again this all hold true here. I would have put this great looking Wooden card near that top of the list as I see no issues whatsoever but with my history of totally hitting it or totally missing it I will leave it here. Seems like I get gem mints or near mints returns and totally bypassing the mint bench marker. With only a handful of these out there I really hope this card earns the former and not the former. I am confident just not too much.



13 posts down and 4 left as we have arrived to the biggies that if I received anything less than a gem mint grade I would be highly disappointed. The late great Wooden is up 1st as even though it is "numbered" (no actual number on card) to 200 it is the biggest print run of the 4 left.

This was probably my last and best chance to acquire this card at a reasonable "price" as the seller had multiples and she had sold them all and this was the last one. There are a couple more on eBay but at BIN with high prices attached to them. Her and I went back and forth and she said this was one of her best if not best copies that she had and thought it would grade out to a 9.5 if submitted which of course was my intention. I have had a real hit and miss history with A and G and was hoping this would fall under the hit category. Beckett agreed with me and gave it a 9.5 overall and a perfect autograph 10 grade. That's what I'm talking about. My one and only Wooden autograph in my collection has been certified as gem minty. Woo hoo.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment