Friday, August 28, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Clayton Kershaw Series 2 Base (CY Young Award Winner) Framed Parallel (8/20)


With the Jansen parallel in hand there were only "big" aka $$$ cards left to acquire. With 4 left I am/was looking to acquire it was just like series 1 as there are 2 separate Kershaws to hunt down. The fun begins yet again.

Unlike the 1st series I found this card right away and wasn't waiting on the sidelines for weeks waiting for another to show up. There had been two other copies of this card that sold on the bay as it went far above my set ceiling. That meant only a possible 18 more copies left to have a chance at. It must have been a good day for me as this copy was had for more than 40% less than what the others sold for. Don't know why and don't much care as I locked in 1 of the 2 Kershaws I need for my parallel set.

My 2 Kershaws from series 1 are already certified as gem mint 9.5's by BGS and this one has been ear marked for the same treatment once Beckett comes back out in October for another one of their raw grading events. Hopefully this makes it 3 for 3 when it is returned to me.


Eight
of
Twenty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment