Sunday, August 23, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Tier One : Jeff Bagwell Acclaimed Autograph (44/50)


The long journey to reacquire this Astro great has finally been completed even though I never thought I would see this particular card.

Jeff fell under the to be reacquired banner as I had a signed ball by him but sold it and have been on the pursuit to replace it with an on card autograph of him. To make matters worse there are just not that many of him to be had. He doesn't seem to sign that much for Topps and Tier One was the only brand I found multiple copies to try to pick one up of at the time.

Book has this at a $60 value and a lot of the sales ended up for at least $40 so I was always out of the picture on those as I am/was trying to score a deal. I finally was able to win this one for well below book and I attest that to it being from a seller that resides in Japan. I have scored many of deals with foreign sellers but this is the 1st time I actually had a problem with one. I completed the transaction and he shipped out the card within a couple of days. 4 weeks later I still had no card. Tracking said it was in the U.S. but no one could state where it was. USPS said they delivered it but it wasn't to my address. I contacted the seller and told him to time constraints that I would be contacting eBay to receive a refund. He also initiated a process with USPS to have himself also covered. I got my money back and he wasn't out anything as well. I moved on and starting looking for another Bagwell card but never could find one to my liking. Thankfully I didn't as 3 and half months later this card finally made it to me.

I have no idea where the card has been but when I opened up the package it still looked in great shape considering how long its been M.I.A. So even though I waited give or take 15 weeks I ended up with a free autograph of Mr. Bagwell. Another win for the Penguin.


44 of 50

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment