Sunday, August 9, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Julio Urias Base Blue Wave Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Another hit on the Urias rainbow train and thankfully this one I didn't have to send in to get graded as it already had been and happens to gem mint. Woo Hoo.

This card only books for $10 and that is due to the fact that even though it is part of the "rainbow" it is not a numbered parallel like most of the rest of the colors. So I had choose what avenue I would pursue when picking this card up. I could acquire it "raw" for a few bucks or I could go the graded route if I paid a small premium. This card was on a traditional auction and I had not seen a graded copy up for sale in months so this might be my only chance for awhile if I wanted it already graded.

I decided to give it a go as long as the price did not get out of control. On the last day there were no bids but with a hour to go someone put one in. I decided I wouldn't get into a bidding war and with 2 seconds left I put what I felt comfortable with and I ended up as the high bid. Again, a slight premium was paid to get this slabbed copy but I am happy I did it.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment