Wednesday, August 5, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Sixteen - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Yellow Refractor Parallel (2/10) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2013 Bowman Chrome Yellow Refractor Seager

I did my research when acquiring this card and I hope that I don't disappoint myself as this would be a real big feather in my Seager hat. This is the last Seager of the batch and the one that I am most confident of at least earning a gem mint grade. Corners crisp, surface clean, edges nice and centering looks to be spot on. At one point I even thought that it should be a pristine card but I don't want to be greedy. I'll only be happy with a plain old 9.5 here and would be really bummed if it didn't come back that way.



In almost any other batch this card would be the top return but for this one it only earns 2nd place as the top card was just plain perfect timing and with a little luck on my side. More on that in 2 days.

I had been searching for this card for quite some time and people on Instagram have been trying to get it from me as well once I showed it off there. There are only 10 copies of this parallel and the only one I saw on eBay for months. I still haven't seen one since the time I acquired this one. At the time of submission there was only 1 other card that was graded by BGS and that came back a 9 and it popped up on eBay and sold for north of $120. I hoped mine would be the 1st to earn a gem mint 9.5 as the only colors with a lower print run that this yellow are red with 5 and then the superfractors. As I never see myself acquiring one of those this will be my crown jewel of non autograph Seager cards and I had to have it come back a 9.5. As I did my research on it and pre graded it when it was in my hands I could not see anyway that this would come back anything less than a 9.5 but what would Beckett say? Why they agreed with me as it earned quad 9.5's for a solid gem mint grade. Hot damn! I believe if I was to put this card up on eBay and ask for $250-$350 I would have no problem getting that but this card will be staying in my collection for a long while.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment