Thursday, August 6, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Seventeen - 2015 Topps Tribute : Joc Pederson Black Printing Plate Autograph (1/1) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Topps Tribute Autograph Printing Plate Pederson

Halfway through the batch and we have arrived at the card I REALLY want/need to get at least a 9.5. This is a 1 of 1 autographed printing plate from the 2015 Tribute release which was recalled by Topps due to quality problems. This card was pulled and put on eBay the 2nd day of the set's release and I was lucky enough to grab it. Printing plates have a notorious history of not so minty grades. When this card made it into my hands I could see no flaws. Everything looks great including the autograph. To be quite honest if this, or should I say when, grades out to a 9.5 I will probably flip it on eBay. Sell high, buy low. Joc's autograph cards have skyrocketed and if I was to have a gem mint 1 of 1 from a product that is basically not on the market anymore it should sell for a pretty penny. Fingers crossing and here's to hoping for that gold banner.



We have arrived to the final card of my most recent BGS submission batch and it is yet another Holy Grail for my collection. While I have been trying to catch up on my Joc Pederson autograph portion of my collection what I don't have in quantity I sure as hell have in quality and it just got better.


When I showed this off and told people that I was submitting it to BGS they kept say, "don't get your hopes up", "its a plate, you will be lucky to get a 9 if that", or rolling their eyes. I held firm in my belief that this card would grade out well. When I was lucky enough to acquire it (great timing) and the day it came in I could see no wrong in this card so it was immediately ear marked for grading and put into the stack.


ONE of FREAKING ONE !!!

Joc's autograph is notoriously hard to get a 10 from Beckett but that as well looked great to me. On top of all that this is a one of one (1/1) from a recalled product because of quality issues. So having a gem mint card from a very limited product that has issues would make this card even a bigger score. The grade came in and not only was it a gem mint it had quad sub grades of 9.5 plus the 10 on autograph. Printing plates are hard to get 9.5's but this one not only received it, it was a strong one with no 9's to be seen.

This truly is my Joc jewel but by the time this post goes live I may or may not have the card anymore. Why you ask? Sell high buy low is why. It is on eBay now for a ridiculous asking price with a best offer option. If someone will overpay for this card I will let it go but if not this is the most recent prized acquisition for my collection. A win either way for me.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment