Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Carlos Gonzalez Strata Autograph (10/25)


Right card, right time at the right price.

I have been on the hunt for well over a year to get my hands on an on card autograph of Venezuelan and Colorado Rockie star Carlos. While there have been a few options he was not a priority to the fact that he is not a Dodger and not the biggest of stars but I still wanted his autograph when I could land the perfect deal and it finally happened.

Couple years ago he was smoking the ball and one of the biggest rising stars in baseball but he has been injured and hasn't really done much this year so his prices have come down. Still not enough for me but I have noticed the downward trend. My two favorite brands for autographs are Five Star and Strata as I love these thick cards so they are always on my search list. One night I did my daily search and this one popped up on eBay for a BIN price of $23. I did a double take as these book for a high of $80 and a low of $30 with completed sales in the $40-$50 range. I did a quick examination of the card on the computer screen and it looked OK so I decided to acquire the card but kept my expectations in check on condition as the price seemed to good to be true. Card arrived a week later and not only does this card look good in person it looks like it might graded out to a gem mint grade even though I wasn't planning to send it in I might now.

Card, timing and price all were aligned perfectly for me and I couldn't be happier.


10 of 25

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment:

  1. He would be an interesting August trade candidate since he will clear waivers because of the money he is owed.

    ReplyDelete