Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Trade with Twitter Friend Kyle : 2013 Bowman Sterling Julio Urias Base Autograph and 2013 Topps Five Star Jim Palmer Base Autograph (170/333)

It's been awhile since I have done a trade (too long for my tastes) but I was finally able to pull the trigger on one with a Twitter friend who I have done business with before, Kyle.

I had a Bowman Inception Corey Seager autograph that I was not happy with as it came back from BGS with an unsatisfactory grade in my eyes and I promptly put it up on eBay to sell to acquire another card. Kyle happen to see it and asked if I was willing to trade it to him and since we have a past trade history I knew he was trustworthy and I'd rather deal without all the eBay charges. Took it off the site and Kyle offered me 3 cards to choose from. I don't remember what the one I turned down was but these are the two I chose for the Seager.


First up is this 2013 Bowman Sterling Julio Urias autograph. I already have another copy of this card in BGS 9.5 form and decided I would like another one for trade bait or just to hoard. Once in hand the card looks to be in really good condition and I might submit it to BGS at their next raw grading event to see if I could earn yet another gem for the collection.

I think Seager has the higher ceiling than Urias but Julio should still have a very good career and I don't think I can go wrong with extra Julio autographs.

While Julio is the future this card is from the past.



One Seventy
of
Three Thirty Three

Jim Palmer is a hall of fame member who played his whole career for the Baltimore Orioles and has 3 World Series rings to his name. Jim was always on my "to acquire" list and even though I knew he was represented in the Five Star brand I never pulled the trigger on an auction as something was always more pressing. When Kyle offered this one in addition to the Julio I couldn't resist on finally owning a Palmer autograph.

Another easy transaction with Kyle and I thank him once again for reaching out and initiating this trade as I think we both came out of it happy with the results. Till the next one.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment