Thursday, October 23, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Wil Myers Silver Signings Autograph Blue Parallel ( 10 / 25 )


One of if not the worst autographs in baseball. It looks like he isn't even trying. Manny Machado is starting to fall into this neighborhood of poorly signed items but at times he still does his "full" signature which I have on a Bowman Chrome card. Wil here on the other hand has this "autograph" basically since he first came up.

I guess as autograph hunters we should just be happy if we acquire an autograph but I think a little more effort would be nice. It is what it is. 

I wasn't planning on going after this card but as it being in silver ink and being a blue parallel it was always in the corner of my eye. Book value has this at $40 and I assume that is due to his rookie of the year award. Well a seller had this up one day for 60% off of book and I decided to haggle a little and ended up picking this up a great price.

Like most Five Star cards condition is a concern and even though the lower right hand corner has the smallest of rounding I am fine with it due to the price. 


10 of 25

No comments:

Post a Comment