Friday, October 24, 2014

Signed Ball of the Day - Adrian Beltre ( Black ROMLB Sweet Spot )


This is my first reacquired autograph ball since the baseball purge of 2014 and yet another black ball for my now small signed baseball collection.

I originally had Beltre's autograph on a plain white ball but I sold it as that happened to be one of balls that started to show some toning spots. Sold it for more than $50 so I was happy. With those funds I ended up picking up an on card autograph of Adrian from his Dodger days. A great looking card.

I thought I was done but I started up a trade with Alex over at Chavez Ravining and his eye was firmly on that card that I picked up. I really didn't want to give it up but I did as the trade was good for both of us and I knew somewhere down the road I could pick up another Adrian autograph. That search become more difficult than I thought. I couldn't land another on card autograph of his in a timely manner so he ended up on my long term list to reacquire once again.

One day I was looking at black balls ( not a search I do as often as cards ) and found this great looking piece. A great addition if I could land it. I think Adrian will be inducted into the Hall of Fame after his career is over and having a signed ball of his that won't tone ( knock on wood ) would be nice to have.

I expected a slight bidding war on the ball and I was correct and the last minute of the auction saw 5 different bids with mine coming in with exactly one second left and I won it for the exact amount I put in. It was close but I won it. Adrian is back and this time he won't be going anywhere anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment