Wednesday, July 15, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Five - 2014 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Black Refractor Parallel (4/100) Now Graded Mint 9.0


2014 Topps Chrome Black Refractor Trout

It's a non Dodger appearance. Whaaa...? Other than Dodgers everyone knows I love me some Trout cards and once I finally picked this black beauty up I knew it was going to BGS for hopefully a gem mint grade, Card looks to be in great condition with no obvious issues other than one small blemish on the surface. We shall see what Beckett thinks but I will be disappointed if this anything less than a 9.5.



Done with the 8.5's from the batch we now move onto the few 9's that I earned and yet this card is a disappointment. Why you might ask. Well it's because I expected a 9.5 but it seems like in every batch I jinx myself at least one time and in this one Trout here happens to be the one.

I knew centering was 50/50 on whether it would grade 9 or 9.5 but even with that possible 9 I expected all the other subs to get at least a 9.5. Nope, didn't happen. Centering indeed earned that "bad" 9 but two other subs also earned a 9 with only surface coming in at a 9.5 and with that I have my 1st ever Trout submitted card from my collection to return as a non gem mint. There had to be a 1st at sometime I guess.
= (


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment