Saturday, July 25, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Ten - 2015 Topps : Mike Trout Base Framed Parallel (2/20) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Topps Framed Trout

And the final one of the framed parallels and this one features the reigning AL MVP, Mike Trout. Most times I would place Kershaw above Trout in my lists if I believe they are the same condition quality but this time Trout gets the nod as this card books for twice as much as Kershaw's. One other reason this time around is that Trout's photo looks better than Kershaw's as I do love me some horizontal cards. 3 framed cards and looking for 3 gem mints.



The final of the "framed" parallels and the 2nd one depicting a reigning MVP. 2 days ago it was Kershaw and now it's Trout's turn in the spotlight.

The sub grades on this one are even better than Kershaw's as it earned 2 10's but even with that it was close to earning an overall mint 9 as the surface received that grade but thankfully there was another 9.5 to go along and everything turned out just fine.

The return on this card makes up for the unsatisfactory mint 9 grade I received on my one other Trout in the batch but this is the one I really wanted to acquire the gold banner as the aftermarket for this card is strong and being the only one in the world (at this moment) certified as gem mint makes it all the more special.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment