Thursday, July 30, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Museum : Jackie Robinson Base Blue Parallel (35/99)


Ah.... the feeling of finally finishing off a project even if it was a small one compared to others is a great feeling and with Jackie's acquisition here my 2015 Topps Museum checklist has been fulfilled and on time as well.

When this post sees the light of day it will be way past April 29th but that was my self imposed deadline to complete this project as I wanted to shift my focus to the new Bowman release. I only had Jackie left and even with 99 copies there were not that many to chose from on the bay. This card's auction was due to end on the 28th and I zeroed in on it as it was going to be my last chance to beat my deadline. Traditional auction with a 99 cent starting bid with no BIN option. Had to wait it out but when I put my bid in at the very end it was the one and only and I had acquired my last piece of the Museum puzzle. Woo Hoo.

Card was in hand within a week and it looks great. Jackie is a Dodger great but more importantly a baseball great and even though he doesn't have many new cards each year when he does I seek them out. Now, onto Bowman.


35
of
99

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment