Wednesday, July 29, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Twelve - 2014 Bowman Draft : Julio Urias Base Chrome Green Refractor Parallel (38/150) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects Green Refractor Urias

There are 3 cards that I feel are borderline and this is the second of the 3 and the second Urias overall. Just like the purple parallel this green one "suffers" from a slight centering problem. I do not believe it is enough to knock it down to a mint 9 but at the same time since I'm thinking it might I have to be ready that it might earn that "dreaded" 9. Come on Beckett, give it a gold as green looks good pared with it.



One of the few cards that I thought might not come back as a gem mint 9.5 thankfully did and unlike the other Urias that I thought was borderline (purple parallel) I didn't "miss" on the surface as that is what dragged the other one down.

Of all the refractors this is one of the few that does not have a big book value assigned to as this clocks in at a measly $12. I picked it up for pennies on the dollar so now having it slabbed in a case makes me feel like I did a job well done. There are now 3 of these cards that have been graded gem mint and mine is one of them.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment