Monday, July 13, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Four - 2015 Topps Museum : Clayton Kershaw Archival Autograph (29/99) Now Graded Near Mint 8.5


2015 Topps Museum Blue Archival Autograph Kershaw

A submission batch wouldn't be complete without a Kershaw autograph in it would it? Of course not and here is the one and only I included of him this time. I love the look of this card and as long time readers know I want a gem mint autograph of Kershaw from every year that there is an autograph released by Topps of him. So far this is my only 2015 of his and I hope it can earn a gem mint grade but since it is way down here on the list (15 of 18) I have reservations about it. Everything looks good but the lower right hand corner has some chipping. I am praying that is earns a 9 and the other sub grades bump it up but I am being realistic and know there is a better chance than not it will grade out to an 8.5 sub and 9 overall.


My one Kershaw autograph in the batch and it's a disappointment at the end of the day. As with the Seager Inception cards from the past few days I knew going in that this card had a corner issue as seen in my original post up top but I didn't think it would turn out like this.


I expected the corners to come back a 8.5 but instead BGS deemed them an 8 which caused the overall grade to come down to a near mint 8.5. The reason this card is ahead of the Seagers even though the subs aren't as strong is that it's still freaking Kershaw man. Unlike the Seagers though I knew right away I would be selling this off and trying my luck on another 2015 autograph of Mr. Kershaw and that is what I did. I already picked up another one (more on that in a future post) and this one is covering that purchase price. Can't win them all.


At least the auto grade was nice

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment