Friday, July 31, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Thirteen - 2015 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (31/66) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Heritage Black Refractor Kershaw

I'm done with autographs of Kershaw for the batch but not of his cards in general and here is the first. This is a great looking black bordered card that at first glance looks to be in tip top shape but I can see it's off centered which will probably cause that sub grade to drop to a 9. For some reason I have a bad feeling that it will earn an overall 9 even though my research says it should still be gem mint. Hopefully its just me and not the card. We shall see. Fingers crossed.



Sometimes I jink myself into a bad grade and then sometimes I jinx myself in reverse and this one happens to be the latter and not the former.

I could tell the centering was just a tad off and Beckett agreed as they gave it a 9. I thought the other 3 sub grades should earn 9.5's but for some reason when I submitted it I had a funny feeling that one of them would come back a 9. Well my worries were unjustified as each of the other 3 earned a 9.5 which made the card on overall gem mint 9.5. That makes it the 1st of its kind for this year as this is the only one that has been submitted.

Nothing like a limited, numbered and BGS graded gem mint Kershaw being added to the collection. Many more to come I hope.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment