Saturday, July 11, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number Three - 2013 Bowman Inception : Corey Seager Base Autograph Blue Parallel (52/75) Now Graded Near Mint 8.5


2013 Bowman Inception Blue Seager

If this batch had to be named it would be the Seager/Urias batch as 9 of the 18 are of them. First up is this Bowman Inception blue parallel. Inception has notorious condition issues with the corners being the worst offenders. I was lucky on the Urias card from a few batches ago but I think since there are two corners here with issues I will not luck out on a gem mint of Seager here. I don't think the corners are bad enough though to knock it down to a NM result so I am looking at a nice minty 9 here.


Two days ago I showcased the gold version of this card and while they both earned the same grade that one was deemed more of a disappointment as I thought that one was in better condition than this one. I knew going in that this one would not earn a gem mint grade but I still held out hope that it would earn a mint 9. No such luck.

This card literally is a twin brother to the gold one as they scored the exact same grades on each of the 4 categories. Which meant that the 8 that the corners earned caused this card to have an overall near mint grade of 8.5. Since it is the gold's brother this blue one is probably going the same route as that one with it being cracked open and sold off to acquire another Seager autograph which has already been graded a gem mint. Once again I rolled the dice hoping for a mint but it wasn't meant to be.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment