Sunday, July 12, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Museum : Mike Trout Base Blue Parallel (80/99)


I am still within my window of finishing my Museum needs for the year as I finally hooked my last big "name" from my list.

I still have/had till the 29th of April (actually acquired not posted) circled as my deadline to finish off this set and still had a few more cards left but Trout was the one that continued to elude me time and time again. Auction after auction I kept losing out as I kept getting out bid. This one popped up one day as a BIN with a very reasonable price as Beckett has its value at $30. The only issue was that there were two other copies that were ending within a day and they were on traditional auctions. What to do? Play the bidding war game or just buy it now? I went with the former with the latter as a plan B.

I watched the other two auctions and the minute they both went over the cost of this BIN one (again I do not understand why people bid higher on something they can acquire cheaper) I went back to this auction and clicked the button. A week later, Trout was in hand and I am now down to 2 last cards needed to finish my Museum needs. Woo Hoo.


Eighty
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment