Sunday, July 5, 2015

Card of the Day - 2007 Bowman Chrome : Chris Withrow Base Autograph Refractor Parallel (373/500) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Even though Chris is a Dodger (edit: this was written up before he was traded to the Braves) and I can't get enough autographs of Dodgers why would I go out of my way and acquire the same exact card of Chris if I already have one considering he is not the biggest of names on the team? For two simple reasons, one I can't resist BGS gem mints and two I am now including the non graded one in my #kershawwalletcard contest. I am paying it forward to you, the readers.

While I was content with my Bowman Chrome rainbow collection of Withrow autographs that includes a raw refractor like this one I am always looking into ways to "improve" my collection, During a general search for Dodger autographs I came across this gem with a measly starting asking price of just $5. Whaaaa? Certified gems for that price can't be passed up and then me being able to take the one in my collection to contest out made it the perfect auction to win.

Final day of the auction came and what a surprise there was not a single bid on it yet. In Los Angeles Withrow is appreciated and valued but outside our bubble he is basically an unknown. At the end of the auction there ended up being two bids but mine was still the high one at pennies over $6. Would do that deal any day of the week.

So that adds another gem mint autograph to my ever growing graded card collection and officially puts Withrow into my contest. Everybody wins.



373 / 500

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment