Monday, March 6, 2017

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps High Tek : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Blue Dots Parallel (3/5)


By the time this post sees the light it day it will be late 2016 or it might possibly be the beginning of 2017 but this rare autograph of Dodger great Clayton Kershaw was the first card acquired after the Dodgers were eliminated by the Cubs in NLCS. Maybe that is why I felt at that time and still do think that it was a steal of a deal.

Always on the look out for autographs in general of Clayton but rare ones are always a priority when I come upon one and when this one popped up I crossed my fingers that I could win it even though I knew it would be hard to. One project that is open across all card brands is to complete an autograph rainbow of Clayton and/or Corey Seager but knowing that most have a low numbered parallel makes it a pipe dream most of the time as when they do show up everyone seems to want it. Well this blue dots parallel is the lowest print run (5) in the 2014 High Tek release and with my incredible luck of acquiring the black and white (15 copies) and the red (10 copies) at an unreal cost this one was the last one of the rares ones I needed. I still need the base and higher numbered ones but I know I can pick those up somewhere down the road. This is only the 2nd time I have ever seen a blue dots pop up and what I chalk up to God doing me a solid I picked this up with little hassle.

Now if I can get this whole 2014 High Tek autograph set in gem mint 9.5's from BGS that would be the ultimate cherry on top and under a loop this looks to be a lock for that gold banner. Only some slight fuzziness around a corner which should at worst knock that sub grade down to a 9.


Three
of
only
Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment