Thursday, March 16, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Corey Seager Base Orange Refractor Parallel (16/25)


Tuesday's card was the appetizer while today's is the main course and it's a biggie in great condition.

I am/still trying to finish up the rainbow parallel project I have going for Corey Seager from the 2016 Topps Chrome set and other than the superfractor (which is a 1 of 1) the only 2 colors I needed were the Orange and Red parallels. Orange has a print run of 25 while the Red checks in with the small number of 5. While I believe the Red is a "white whale" that I probably will never acquire the Orange I also thought I could snag at some point even with only 25 copies in the world. I have seen quite a few exchange hands in the past year but I was never able to jump in and pick it up but then one day this was made available on Instagram and I inquired about it immediately and thankfully it was still there for the taking. Now to negotiate a price that was acceptable to the both of us. A few hours later we agreed and the card(s) were on their way to me.

I had already made up mind that I would be RCR'ing this when BGS came back to town as if it did not come back as a 9.5 I would flip it and wait out another Orange copy that would earn a 9.5. Well I don't think (hope) that will be the case as in hand this card looks to be great. I am still going to RCR it but I think/should be happy with the result. Knock on wood.


Sixteen
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment