Friday, March 17, 2017

Raw Card Review Recap Number Three From Submission Batch Done On Saturday March 6th, 2017 (2012 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Autograph)


Of all the gem mint returns I received from the raw grade review portion of the BGS event this was the biggest and most pleasant surprise of the group. Glad I was wrong when I did my pre grading routine.

To this day I think the 2012 Heritage set is the best looking of the brand and I have/had wanted the Kershaw autograph from this set for years and when The Dutch Card Guy announced he was quitting the Kershaw portion of his collection I was all over this card. Quick transaction as always with him and I had my card in hand shortly. Once it arrived though I saw there was some fraying on the corners and though I was disappointed in it I believed it would at least earn a 9 but instead of just sending it straight to Dallas for grading I decided to give it the RCR treatment. Glad I did as you can see it earned a gold banner and I couldn't be happier.

I am expecting the sub grades to go 9.5, 9.5, 9.5 and then a 9 for corners. Do...not...care! All that matters is that the overall is a 9.5 and that sirs and madams is a good day in my eyes.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment: