Thursday, March 2, 2017

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps High Tek : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Red Orbit Parallel (3/5)


I guess red is my color when it comes to certain cards. Topps and their High Tek brand have released 3 Red orbit autograph parallels in the years 2014-2016. I already own the 2014 version which is earmarked for BGS and now I was able to lock down this 2015 for a steal. Guess I need the 2016 one to complete the "project".

The 2014 version is numbered out of 10 but this 2015 and the 2016 ones are numbered out of only 5. That makes finding one let alone acquiring one a true feat as most probably never see the light of day. To my surprise this one popped up one day and I was all over it as it slots into a lot of different projects I have going. While there were a lot of bids for the card surprisingly the amount of them did not drive up the price that much. In the end I won it for a lot less than the 2014 version and when I compare the print runs between the 2 this 2015 is much better bargain.

The cards looks good enough to earn a 9.5 from Beckett but will put that to the test in March when it goes to Dallas to get slabbed.


Three
of
Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment