Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Corey Seager Base Autograph Gold Refractor Parallel (4/50) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Gold...Gold.... and even more Gold. Everywhere I look when it comes to this card I see that color and I couldn't be happier.

For this off season there were a few cards on my want list that I really wanted to acquire before the 2017 season began and this was one of them and a major get on my part. I am trying to do the autograph rainbow of Corey from the 2016 Topps Chrome set and this Gold one (50 print run) and the Red (a scant 5 print run) were the last biggies I needed to land. I have the Orange (25), Green (99), Blue (150) and Purple (250) in hand already so these last 2 colors are the last that were needed to be picked up. I probably will never see the Red so this Gold was a necessity for my collection and when it popped up on eBay I put a quick bid on it as it also had a BIN option but I wanted to play the auction game. Many bids later, including a few snipe ones from me and another buyer in the waning seconds of the auction, mine held on and I struck Gold.


Is it possible for me to actually complete the rainbow for this project? Yeah, but not likely as I am sure when and if that red pops up it will go for a pretty penny and probably way out of my price range unless I choose to sell off something of value to acquire it. For the time being I need to snag the base (plentiful) and the base refractor (does it even exists?) which would give me the full rainbow minus the Red which if I can make that happen I would be more than happy with.


Four
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment