Thursday, March 9, 2017

Card of the Day - 2017 Topps : Corey Seager 1987 Card Design Autograph


I remember back in 1987 ( I  was a wee 13 year old boy then ) and when that year's Topps set came out I hated it with a passion. I did not like light wood in any aspect of my life but I guess I matured and I have started to like wood stuff in everyday life. Well I wasn't planning to get anything this early in the year baseball card wise but when I found out that Corey had ON CARD signed his cards from the new set I wanted 1 for my collection.

This is a big deal actually as most years the flagship brand always has sticker autographs which I despise. There are/were some limited (numbered) ones out there but I wasn't that concerned in getting one of those as I just wanted to add another Seager autograph to the collection. After all the hysteria of the new release had died down the prices became more reasonable and then this one popped up on an eBay eBucks promotion day and with zero hesitation I snagged it. Sending it to BGS to get graded and I'd say it has a 50/50 of gemming. We shall see.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Man, that is a beauty, and the on-card ink is spectacular. I refuse to buy the Nomar Mazara card because it's a sticker. Congrats, and nice addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. That is the ONLY reason I acquired this as it's on card. Like you I HATE stickers. I still only have 1 sticker auto in my collection and thats only because I spent literally 8 hours on a contest and I won it. Kershaw auto BTW. Thank you

      Delete