Saturday, March 18, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Five Star : Clayton Kershaw Silver Signatures Autograph Purple Parallel (10/25)


I got a steal on this card when I acquired in redemption form awhile back but the shine of that transaction has dulled a tad with the actual card now in hand.

A Kershaw autograph is a Kershaw autograph and now that I am not getting rid of any that don't reach at least a BGS 9 there is no way this card is leaving my collection. That said it will be a stretch for this card to earn a 9. There is a corner that the paper is coming off the cardboard. I tried my best to fix it but there is no way it won't be seen by the grader. No matter though as I will be submitting this as a RCR and if it does indeed end up less than a 9 then I will just submit it for slabbing so I can store it easier.

I had high hopes for this card but even with that issue it still is a beautiful piece as the silver autograph really looks good against a purple backdrop. Another rung on the ladder to 100 Kershaw autographs.


Ten
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment:

  1. I know you saw my Five Stars, and I'm just wondering why he signed them so low on the card? Yours looks better than mine at least. The green one I have is just ridiculous. haha

    ReplyDelete