Thursday, May 30, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman : Hyun-Jin Ryu Top 100 Prospects Die Cut Variant ( 28 / 99 )

. . .  so my second Ryu card of the week is the more impressive one.

Bowman has another insert set this year and like the mini refractors they have a numbered variant of them. These die-cuts are numbered out of only 99 and are obviously harder to acquire. The prices have come down a tad but Yasiel Puig is still up there in price and I have not been able to get my hands on it. Ryu on the other hand has come home to me.

Like the blue mini from yesterday I do not have the regular version of this subset and will acquire at some later date but the die-cut variety has come down in price as more product has hit the market. Being numbered out of only 99 only adds to the wanting of acquiring a copy for my collection.

As I've been selling off some of my extra bobble heads online ( wife is more than ecstatic about that as she thinks they are silly, the Kemps though are going nowhere babe ) I had some extra cash to try to acquire this card. Found it and the seller had it at buy it now with a best offers being accepted. I noticed that already 5 other people put in an offer so I threw mine in as well. Within a couple of hours he countered my offer as well as one other person's and declined the other 4. Safe to assume that those 4 low balled the seller and me and the other person were reasonable. I debated for a few hours and hoped that the other potential buyer didn't accept the offer and once someone bid on a few more items I was selling I accepted the seller's offer and now I'm happy owner of a under 100 numbered card of Ryu. Now onto acquiring the regular version.


Another Ryu for the collection and this is numbered 28 of 99

No comments:

Post a Comment