Friday, May 24, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Ron Perranoski ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

We have arrived to my second to last acquisition from Hall of Fame Sports and today it's Ron Perranoski's turn.

Growing up I was not always familiar with a lot of older non star Dodger players and Ron falls into this category. I knew him as the coach of the 1981 and 1988 World Series Champion Dodgers. Going from stories I have head and statistics he was an above average reliever. He ended up playing for 5 teams in his baseball career which ended in 1973 with the California Angels. After that he returned to the Dodgers and worked up through the minor league ranks to become coach on the major league club. He left in 1994 and joined up with the hated Giants up north and has been employed by them since then.

So when I was looking at purchasing some more autographs to make my haul that much more of a deal I saw that they had Ron's autograph up for sale and though I don't remember the starting price I know it was less than 7 dollars. No one had bid on it prior to the end of the auction and so near the end I put my bid in and I ended up being the only one to bid on it. Again, I think that is because 1) he for sure does not fall into the star category and 2) no one was going to pay the price for the item and then $10 for shipping. So I was able to add this to my haul for a handful of dollars. Proud to own another Dodger autograph even though I never saw him play and only knew him as a coach.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pick up! I think I'm gonna look for one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty. I never see many of his on eBay so I thought it would be a good time for the pick up.

    ReplyDelete