Thursday, May 9, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Claude Osteen ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

The second of six posts of my great Hall of Fame Sports eBay purchase features Claude Osteen.

Claude had a decent 18 and half year career in the big leagues but his best years thankfully came with the Dodgers from 1965 to 1973. He came here via trade with the Washington Senators. His career W/L was decidedly average as it sat at 196-195 but most of the other statistics were above average. He won the World Series in his first year in the blue in 1965 and continued to contribute every year while in Los Angeles including multiple All Star game appearances. He was a throw back to older times as he logged innings in the high 200's which was no longer the norm around the league. Prior to the 1974 he was traded to the Astros and within 2 years he was out of baseball.

I have never seen Claude do a public appearance whether it was a freebie or a paid one. He was never high on my list to acquire but I will never turn down a great deal and in my eyes a steal when I can acquire an authentic signed ball by a Dodger at such a low price. So when I got to include this within my $60 grab I jumped on it and now I'm happy to have this in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment