Saturday, May 18, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Nathan Eovaldi ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

Alright, after the pause in this series due to the great haul from last week's game I am back it.

Third post in my Hall of Fame purchase is about another young former Dodger pitcher. Nathan Eovaldi.

Nathan came up to the Dodgers in 2011 and pitched quite well for the team in both starting and relief roles. He didn't have the hardest stuff nor the best but he got by with what he did have and had an above average stint with the Dodgers. In 2012 he was traded to the Marlins in the Hanley Ramirez trade. Though I didn't like losing yet another young pitcher this looked better in the long run as we received a former multiple All Star and batting champ to fill a much needed hole on the left side of the infield. As the days go by the trade looks more and more like a steal for us as Nathan has not done so well on the right coast and Hanley has contributed from day one and continues to this day. Thank you Nathan for your time with the Dodgers but the biggest contribution you gave us was you leaving and getting Hanley in return. Good luck in South Beach.

Nathan wasn't around long enough for me to track him down to acquire his autograph. It seemed every time I was at the stadium he was not to be found so I never got it. Once he left I just wrote it off as one that I won't be getting. Low and behold Hall of Fame sports had one for bid and I was lucky enough to have it included with my bigger purchase. Though hardly on the team he did dawn the blue hence why I now have a signed ball by Nathan on my shelf. We hardly knew you.

No comments:

Post a Comment