Saturday, July 27, 2013

Card of the Day - 2004 Upper Deck : Steve Yeager Autograph

Another day another autographed card by an old timer that I have acquired.

Unlike Burt yesterday I remember who and saw Steve Yeager play. Even if I didn't, I see him constantly in AZ for spring training and at Dodger Stadium as he is a coach. I remember him being part of a catching tandem with Mike Scioscia back in the 1980's and he was good in his role. He also was part of the 1981 World Series Champions. Ah, the good old days.

Didn't have any signed cards by the backstop so went to my favorite place, eBay, to get one. Wasn't going to spend a lot and surprisingly there wasn't a single buy it now when I went shopping. Means I was stuck in auction mode. Found this black and white gem and at the end of the day I won the card for just $5 and some pennies. Not a bad purchase.


Blue auto really pops against the black and white picture.


2 comments:

  1. I love this set. A lot of great looking Dodger autos and photos in this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I love the black and whites.

    ReplyDelete