Thursday, July 4, 2013

Trade with Fellow Blogger : Nomo's Sushi Platter

When I got back into the hobby my goal was to collect as many Dodger cards and more specifically autographed cards of Dodgers, past and present. I knew that eBay would take care of most of my wants and local shops or shows would fill in some holes but I would always have unwanted cards from box breaking or duplicates of others. I can't sell them all so one main thing I wanted to do is to be able to trade with fellow bloggers and start a trading relationship with them so we could help each other out. This past week I finalized my first ever trade and it went down perfectly.

The blogger who made this happen was one nomo's sushi platter who happened to see one of my blog entries with multiple Cory Seager's that I did not need. I ended up sending him one of them and couple other cards of some Dodgers and a couple days ago I received the package he sent me. Couldn't be happier with the result of the trade.

The first couple for me I just consider a bonus as I don't really seek out Panini baseball cards but they do show off two great young players in the Dodger system that hopefully show up in the bigs soon.


No. #1 Pitching Prospect Zach Lee and Possible 3rd Baseman Corey Seager

Next up in the package were 3 cards from this years Topps set. Nomo asked me what years I collected and probably noticed I didn't have any of the Topps cards as I have been concentrating on Bowman and other "higher grade" card sets. While the 3 players depicted are not the higher caliber players on the team they are Dodgers and I would need them sooner or later to complete the set and thanks to Nomo I will be on the hunt for the other Dodger cards now that I have these 3.



Train wreck Joe Blanton, Oft Injured Lilly and Fast but no much else Dee.

Next was an old timer and this one happened to be autographed. I love me some autograph cards and thankfully I did not have Dave Anderson in my collection so this fits right in.




Past Dodger Shortstop Mr. Anderson

Last but not least as he is my favorite player and I consider this the best card of the bunch, Matt Kemp. I love these mini's and this is now my second Kemp mini. Though not numbered like my first one this is still a great card of the man himself in Beastmode. A great last card in the package of a lot of needed cards. Thank you again to Nomo and hopefully this is the first of many trades with him and fellow bloggers in the internet world.




1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed the cards that I sent. We will trade again in the future. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete