Monday, July 8, 2013

Card(s) of the Day - 2013 Topps Archives : Hyun-Jin Ryu, Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier

Ah, the Archives set. I have seen past year's versions and they look so much better than this year's and I think mainly it's because this year they picked designs from year's that were bad in their day and don't look any better now. But, there are still Dodgers to collect so the beat goes on.

Picked up the numbered gold parallel of Ryu a little while back but still wanted to pick up the normal version as well. Saw this auction up on eBay and while it had my Ryu it also included Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier. Knock out 3 birds with one auction stone. At the time of the auction there were still no published book prices just completed transactions so I was not going to overbid. In the end I won all three of these cards for just a tad over $3. Whatever the guide says later won't matter to me as that is only a buck a card with one rookie card which will be at least $2 on its own. Nice additions to my collection for each player. Now that I got these I need to acquire the other Dodgers. The hunt continues.


Traded three dollars for these three cards. Kemp in happier times.

No comments:

Post a Comment