Sunday, July 28, 2013

Attended Game Recap : July 27th vs Reds - DODGERS 4 Reds 1 . . . Also Ball(s) of the Day : Ricky Nolasco ( ROMLB Sweet Spot ) and Yasiel Puig ( ROMLB Side Panel )

It has been a long 6 weeks since I was last at Blue Heaven on Earth better known as Dodger Stadium. Wanted to attend a weekend game and wanted to go autograph hunting so I picked this game to go to and was able to arrange seats in the Prime Ticket Club section down the 3rd base sideline. Better opportunity to acquire some autographs. Prior to entering the stadium I ran into Dave who is the author of his own blog seen HERE , hopefully he picked up some autographs.

Headed into the stadium and there wasn't much action on the autograph front. I did hear that Brandon League signed prior to me getting in but that is no big loss and I already had him. Kemp came out to test his ankle and a few fans and I hoped he might swing over and sign but in the end he did not. I still need this years bobblehead signed. Next time.



Kemp putting on a brace and testing out the ankle. Come back soon.

Thought I was going to miss out on any autographs until I noticed that Ricky Nolasco was signing near the foul pole. Raced over there and hoped I didn't miss out but thankfully he was running the line and I got in there and he was kind enough to ask where I wanted the signature and obviously I said sweet spot which he accommodated. Welcome once again to your boyhood team. Keep up the good work so far and thank you for signing for me.



Ricky on a sweet spot. Sweet.

Batting practice was over and I headed back to my seat and thought maybe Andre Ethier would sign but he never came out but Yasiel Puig and Hanley Ramirez did come out and did their stretches near me. I heard a Spanish speaking gentleman communicating to Yasiel and he said to the group that he would come over and sign for us. Ooohhh. Hanley finished up and started to head for the dugout and I thought I missed on him but he decided to sign for a group and thankfully my wife came over to hold my spot for Yasiel but I was too late for Hanley. He left right when I got there. Headed back to the wife and right about then Yasiel ran into the dugout. Well that sucked and thought oh well at least I have him on a gold ball but I want to add him on regular white ball. Went back to my seat and right prior to the national anthem him came back and no one was standing around he started to sign for a kid in front of him. Grabbed a ball and pen and jumped over and hoped to get a signature but I noticed he started running the line with a sharpie. I pulled back and waited and he finally picked up another blue pen and I stuck my hand out again and I was lucky enough to get a signature. Unfortunately he side paneled me. Ugh. I am a stickler for sweet spot balls unless they are team signed ball. I have decided to throw it up on eBay and will sell it and picked up some more balls for inventory. Nonetheless thank you for signing Yasiel.



Yasiel signing in sharpie for someone.


Yasiel about to side panel me.


My side panel signed baseball.

Game started and after the top of the 2nd Skip who was playing left field today finished his tosses and I yelled out to him and got him to toss me the ball. It was a good omen as he soon became the player of the game with a double and more importantly a two run bomb to center. Thank you again Skip for the ball.



Tossed Skip ball.

Ryu pitched a great game and over 7 evenings just gave up two hits and one earned run as he collected another win. With the Diamondbacks losing the Dodgers gained another game on them and now lead by 1.5. This team is so fun to watch now and I can't wait to get a healthy Kemp back into the lineup. Let's go boys.


Also pop sensation Psy was in attendance.


Psy, guy on right with white shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment