Sunday, July 21, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps : Adrian Gonzalez Commemorative Patch

A break from acquiring autograph cards and came across this entry in this year's Topps set. Adrian only played a handful of games for the Dodgers last year but enough to warrant a 50th anniversary patch card. I wouldn't normally go out of my way to acquire a patch card unless it was of a hall of famer or of Kemp and/or Kershaw but I couldn't pass this one up at the low price.

Didn't expect to even bid on this card let alone win it but that I did. I put in my low bid just to see what would happen and I won the card for a mere $2 delivered to my doorstop. I didn't even look up the value of it until after I received the card. Beckett says $12 for this dandy little card. Not a bad return investment for what I put into it. Maybe I'll be around for the 100th anniversary cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment